Teaching degree in economics Realschule (secondary school)
In this course of study, the teaching profession at public (and private) secondary schools is aimed at. For this purpose, after the first state examination, a two-year traineeship at a school is required, which is concluded by the second state examination.
- Study program
- Teacher profession Economics Realschule
- Graduation requirement
- Teaching profession state examination
- Standard duration of study
- 9 semesters
- Minimum duration of study
- 8 semesters
- Form of study
- Undergraduate degree with first professional qualification
- Start of study
- Winter semester only
- Study language
- Subject combinations
- Within the framework of the study program for a teaching degree at Relschule, the teaching subject is combined with another teaching subject (English (in German), Geography (in German), Computer science (in German), Mathematics (in German)). In addition, there are the educational science studies (EWS) and the internships.
- Admission requirement
- Locally restricted admission degree programs
|1. FS||Mathematics and Statistics for Economics||WS||Mathematics (lecture)||2||3|
|1. FS||Mathematics and Statistics for Economics||WS||Statistics I (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|1. FS||Fundamentals of business administration||WS||Management accounting technology (lecture)||2||3|
|2. FS||Fundamentals of business administration||WS+SS||Fundamentals of Business Administration for Minor Students I (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|2. FS||Fundamentals of business administration||WS+SS||Fundamentals of Business Administration for Minor Students II (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|3. FS||Fundamentals of economics||WS||Fundamentals of Economics 1 (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|3. FS||Law||WS||Fundamental course in civil law (lecture)||4||6|
|4. FS||Fundamentals of economics||SS||Fundamentals of Economics 2 (Lecture/Exercise)||2||6|
|4. FS||Law||SS||Civil and Copyright Law (Exercise)||2||3|
|4. FS||Business didactics I||WS+SS||Fundamentals of business didactics (tutorial)||2/2||3|
|5. FS||Managerial accounting||WS||Internal and external accounting (lecture/exercise)||2/2||6|
|5. FS||Civil and criminal law||WS||Civil and criminal law (lecture)||2||3|
|6. FS||Business didactics I||SS||Advanced accounting technique (lecture)||2||3|
|6. FS||General business administration (Note 1)||SS||Strategy and marketing for minor students (lecture)||2||3|
|6. FS||General business administration (Note 1)||SS||Information, organization, and leadership for minor students (lecture).||2||3|
|7. FS||Business didactics II a/b(Note 2)||WS+SS||Didactic analysis and planning of economics classes (proseminar/exercise) - SS||2/2||6|
|7. FS||Business didactics II a/b(Note 2)||WS+SS||Fachdidaktische Analyse, Planung und Durchführung wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen Unterrichts mit schulpraktischen Studien (Proseminar/Übung) - im WS||2/2||6|
|7. FS||Human Resource Management (Note 3)||SS (WS)||Didactic analysis, planning and implementation of economics lessons with practical school studies (proseminar/exercise) - in WS||2/2||6|
|7. FS||Human Resource Management (Note 3)||WS||Management of non-profit organizations (seminar)||2||3/6|
|7. FS||Human Resource Management (Note 3)||SS||Human Resource Management Basics||2/2||6|
|7. FS||General business administration in the free area(Note 1 and Note 3)||WS||Business Accounting and Finance for Minor Students (Lecture)||2||3|
|7. FS||General business administration in the free area(Note 1 and Note 3)||WS/SS||Exam Preparation Course||2||3|
|7. FS||General business administration in the free area(Note 1 and Note 3)||SS||Strategy and Marketing for Minor Students (Lecture)*.||2||3|
|7. FS||General business administration in the free area(Note 1 and Note 3)||SS||Information, Organization, and Leadership for Minor Students (Lecture)*.||2||3|
Notes on the course of study
- Note 1: One of the elective courses "Strategy and Marketing for Minor Students" and "Information, Organization and Leadership for Minor Students" must be chosen. Furthermore, the respective other subject can be taken in the so-called free area (see note 3).
- Note 2: One of the courses "Didactic Analysis and Planning of Teaching in Economics (Proseminar/Exercise)" and "Didactic Analysis, Planning and Implementation of Teaching in Economics with Practical School Studies (Proseminar/Exercise)" must be chosen.
- Note 3: In the so-called free area (§ 22 para. 2 no. 2 letter f LPO I) 0 to 12 ECTS points are to be acquired at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich. For this purpose, students can choose from the courses offered in "Human Resource Management" and "General Business Administration in the free area". Please note that proseminars and advanced seminars may require an application to the respective chairs already in the previous semester. For more information on how to apply, please visit the website of the respective institute. As of the summer semester 2020, the course People and Organization can no longer be taken as a single exam for 3 ECTS, but only together with International Management in the combination exam "Leadership and International Management" for 6 ECTS.
For the courses "Strategy and Marketing for Minor Students" and "Information, Organization and Leadership for Minor Students", the subject that was not taken as an elective course in the module "General Business Administration" can be taken in the free area (see note 1).
- Additional note: the exams for the courses "TbR", "Internal/External Accounting" and "Corporate Accounting/Financing" always take place at the same time! You can only write TbR + Int/Ext or TbR + U/F in combination, but not all three exams or Int/Ext + U/F in combination! Therefore, please stick to the scheduled study plan.
Examination and study regulations of the LMU Munich for the study of economics as part of the course of study for the teaching profession at secondary schools (in German). (PDF, 116 KB)
Further information on Business Administration as a minor in the Bachelor's program (including the module handbook for the minor) can be found here.
Subject to changes and errors.
Are you interested in studying for a teaching degree in economics?
Please feel free to use our Expert advice with specific information about the subject Economics at LMU Munich School of Management.