At a glance
In this course of study, the teaching profession at public (and private) grammar schools is aimed at. For this purpose, after the first state examination, a two-year traineeship at a school is required, which is concluded by the second state examination. The course of study takes place in German.
- Study program
- Teacher profession Economics Gymnasium (high school)
- Graduation requirement
- Teaching profession state examination
- Standard duration of study
- 9 semesters
- Minimum duration of study
- 8 semesters
- Form of study
- Undergraduate degree with first professional qualification
- Start of study
- Winter semester only
- Study language
- Subject combinations
- Within the framework of the study program for a teaching degree at grammar schools, the teaching subject is combined with another teaching subject (English (in German), Geography (in German), Computer science (in German), Mathematics (in German)). In addition, there are the educational science studies (EWS) and the internships.
- Admission requirement
- Locally restricted admission degree programs
Course of study
|Mathematics and Statistics for Economics||WS||Mathematics||2||3|
|Mathematics and Statistics for Economics||WS||Statistics I (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|Fundamentals of business administration||WS||Management accounting technology||2||3|
|Fundamentals of business administration||WS+SS||Fundamentals of Business Administration for Minor Students I (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|Fundamentals of business administration||WS+SS||Fundamentals of Business Administration for Minor Students II (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|3. FS||Business informatics and accounting||WS||Internal and external accounting (lecture/exercise)||2/2||6|
|3. FS||Wirtschaftsinformatik und Rechnungswesen||WS||Business Informatics (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|3. FS||Fundamentals of Economics 1||WS||Fundamentals of Economics 1 (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|4. FS||Fundamentals of Economics 2||SS||Fundamentals of Economics 2 (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|4. FS||Business didactics I||WS+SS||Fundamentals of economic didactics||2||3|
|5. FS||Civil law||WS||Civil law (lecture/exercise)||3/2||9|
|5. FS||General Business Administration I||WS||Business accounting and finance for minor students||2||3|
|6. FS||General Business Administration I||SS||Strategy and marketing for minor students||2||3|
|6. FS||Finance and economic policy||SS||Finance and Economic Policy I (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|6. FS||Business didactics I||WS+SS||Accounting didactics||2||3|
|7. FS||General Business Administration II||WS||Exam Preparation Course||2||3|
|7. FS||International economic relations (Note 1)||WS||International Economic Relations (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|7. FS||Money, Credit & Currency (Note 1)||WS||Money, Credit & Currency (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||6|
|8. FS||General Business Administration II||SS||Information, organization, and leadership for minor students.||2||3|
|8. FS||Commercial and corporate law||SS||Commercial and Corporate Law (Lecture/Exercise)||2/2||9|
|9. FS||Public law and criminal law||WS||Public law and criminal law (lecture)||2||3|
|9. FS||Business didactics II a/b (Note 2)||WS+SS||Didactic analysis and planning of economics classes (proseminar/exercise) - SS||2/2||6|
|9. FS||Business didactics II a/b (Note 2)||WS+SS||Didactic analysis, planning and implementation of economics lessons with practical school studies (proseminar/exercise) - in WS||2/2||6|
|9. FS||Human Resource Management (Hinweis 3)||SS (WS)||People and Organization and International Management (Leadership and International Management)||2/2||6|
|9. FS||Human Resource Management (Note 3)||WS||Management of non-profit organizations (seminar)||2||3/6|
|9. FS||Human Resource Management (Note 3)||SS||Human Resource Management Basics||2/2||6|
|9. FS||General business administration in the free area(Note 1 and Note 3)||WS||International Economic Relations (Lecture/Exercise)*||2/2||6|
|9. FS||General business administration in the free area(Note 1 and Note 3)||WS||Money, Credit & Currency (Lecture/Exercise)*||2/2||6|
Notes on the course of study
- Note 1: One of the two elective modules "International Economic Relations" and "Money, Credit & Currency" must be chosen. Furthermore, the respective other subject can be taken in the so-called free area (see note 3).
- Note 2: One of the courses "Didactic Analysis and Planning of Teaching in Economics (Proseminar/Exercise)" and "Didactic Analysis, Planning and Implementation of Teaching in Economics with Practical School Studies (Proseminar/Exercise)" must be chosen.
- Note 3: In the so-called free area (§ 22 para. 2 no. 3 letter f LPO I) 0 to 6 ECTS points are to be acquired at the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich. For this purpose, students can choose from the courses offered in "Human Resource Management" and "General Business Administration in the free area". Please note that proseminars and advanced seminars may require an application to the respective chairs already in the previous semester. For more information on how to apply, please visit the website of the respective institute. As of the summer semester 2020, the course People and Organization can no longer be taken as a single exam for 3 ECTS, but only together with International Management in the combination exam "Leadership and International Management" for 6 ECTS.* For the courses "International Economic Relations" and "Money, Credit & Currency", the subject that was not taken as an elective module can be taken in the free area (see note 1).
- Additional note: the exams for the courses "TbR", "Internal/External Accounting" and "Corporate Accounting/Financing" always take place at the same time! You can only write TbR + Int/Ext or TbR + U/F in combination, but not all three exams or Int/Ext + U/F in combination! Therefore, please stick to the scheduled study plan.
Examination and study regulations of the LMU Munich for the study of economics within the framework of the course of study for a teaching degree at grammar schools (in German). (PDF, 123 KB)
Further information on Business Administration as a minor subject in the Bachelor's program (including the module handbook for the minor subject) can be found here
Subject to changes and errors.
Are you interested in studying for a teaching degree in economics?
Please feel free to use our Expert advice with specific information about the subject Economics at LMU Munich School of Management.