- empirical and theoretical bachelor thesis
- 70,000 characters (incl. spaces) of free scientific work and a presentation in the colloquium
- 18 ECTS
- Processing time
- 8 weeks
- Depending on topic; if necessary, previous attendance of the Consumer Insights course or the main seminar at IMM (but above all note on account statement: Eligibility for admission to Bachelor thesis)
- empirical and theoretical master theses
- approx. 120,000-140,000 characters (incl. spaces) of free scientific work and a presentation in the colloquium
- 30 ECTS
- Processing time
- 22 weeks
- none (for exceptions see the individual topic suggestions)
If you would like to write your thesis at our chair, you have two options.
You can apply for a thesis from one of our research areas. If you are interested in writing a thesis, please send the completed form (PDF, 1,819 KB), your curriculum vitae and a current credit point account statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of acceptance, the exact topic will be given to you in an interview by your contact person. Before registering your thesis, we will jointly agree on a synopsis of your topic, which will serve as a guideline for your work.
Furthermore, you can propose a thesis (also in cooperation with a company) yourself. For this purpose, please write an exposé (max. 1 page), which you send to email@example.com together with the completed form, your CV and a current credit point account statement. If companies are involved, there are additional guidelines to follow: You must note our student guidelines and sign and submit them to your assigned faculty contact prior to registering your work. In addition, our practice guidelines apply, which are to be sent to the company as a written document if required and signed by a representative of the company as well as by a member of the chair. We generally reserve the right to make an internal decision regarding the acceptance of self-selected topics.
For Bachelor's theses, we would like to receive an application approx. 4-6, for Master's theses approx. 6-8 weeks before the desired starting date.
The topics can be worked on in English or German.
While working on a thesis, each of our students takes part in our colloquium, which takes place every two weeks on Wednesday evenings. Each student reports once in a lecture about the progress of the work. We expect you to attend these colloquia and, in the interest of the quality of the work, hope for a lively discussion in a friendly atmosphere.
Please submit open questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please refrain from contacting us through other channels.
Here you can find our detailed guidelines for editing theses including the formal requirements:
Furthermore, you can download our guidelines (you will receive the password from your contact person):
- Writing scientific papers at the IMM (PDF, 1,858 KB)
- Literature research (PDF, 1,553 KB) (please note that this is a first overview of the procedure for literature research and can therefore be seen as one guide (of many))
- Presentation design (PDF, 346 KB)
Information about the submission
Please inform yourself about the valid procedure for submission to the ISC.
Additional relevant data sets and results (SPSS output, Excel charts, literature tables, questionnaires, special graphs, etc.) have to be handed in additionally.