MRIC is dedicated to advancing knowledge in the field of risk and insurance. We work closely with industry experts to conduct research and offer seminars that are of interest to both academics and practitioners.
The Munich Risk and Insurance Center organizes research seminars in cooperation with the faculty of business administration and mathematics.
Research Projects at the Institute for Risk Management and Insurance
In close cooperation with the Munich Risk and Insurance Center (MRIC), other academic institutions and partners of the industry, the institute realizes different research projects:
- Classification risk in health insurance: The interaction of genetics, prevention, and insurance
- Climate change risks and opportunities for insurance
- Insurance in credence goods markets – risk transfer and fraud prevention
- Mitigating moral hazard with usage-based insurance
- Pandemic insurance
- Risk preferences in historical context: empirical evidence from chess data
- The effect of group-specific shocks on insurance fraud
- The impact of claimant fraud on optimal coverage in liability insurance
- The impact of future income worries on household saving behaviors
Research Projects at the Professorship for Behavioral Risk Management and Insurance
In close cooperation with the Munich Risk and Insurance Center (MRIC), other academic institutes and partners of the industry, the professorship realizes different research projects:
- Present bias, insurance premiums and the willingness to pay for commitment
- Risk management and the autonomy of labor
Research Projects at the Department of Mathematics
In close cooperation with the Munich Risk and Insurance Center (MRIC), other academic institutes and partners of the industry, the group realizes different research projects:
- Dependencies in Hybrid Markets
- Equilibrium Models for Insider Trading with Long Memory
- Local Risk Minimization for Mortality Derivatives
- Pricing of Unemployment Products under the Benchmark Approach
For more details on current research projects, please refer to the website of the Workgroup Financial Mathematics.