In its Brownbag Seminar series, the Munich Risk and Insurance Center hosts guest lectures by practitioners as well as academics in the field of risk and insurance. Events are held in a relaxed setting and aim at furthering the interaction and discussion between academics and industry participants. Anybody with an interest in the topic is very welcome to attend.
- Date: tba
- Presenter (Affiliation): tba
- Title: tba
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Johannes Maier (Johannes.Maier@lmu.de).
- November 21st, 2019 | Prof. Karel Van Hulle (Associate Professor at the Economics and Business Faculty of the KU Leuven & Honorary Professor at the Goethe University in Frankfurt, where he is attached to the International Centre for Insurance Regulation (ICIR)) | "The Development of Solvency II: An Example of Good Regulation?"
- July 17th, 2019 | Josef Schleghuber (Head of Financial Risk Management and Financial Infrastructure, Telefónica) | "Kreditrisikomanagement und Betrug"
- November 12th, 2018 | Dr. Georg Krafft (Partner, Tacke Krafft mbB) & Christian Forster (Head of D&O, Versicherungskammer Bayern) | "Die Rolle von Governance und D&O oder: Warum man bei Abgaswerten nicht schummeln sollte…"
- July 20th, 2017 | Prof. Martin Spindler (University of Hamburg) | "Maschinelles Lernen in der (Mikro-)Ökonometrie: Einführung und aktuelle Entwicklungen"
- January 19th, 2016 | Dr. Till Förstemann (Deutsche Bundesbank) | "Risiken für deutsche Lebensversicherer aus einem Zinsanstieg" | Lecture Slides (PDF, 998 KB)
- April 29th, 2015 | Dr. Alexander Jakob (Group Chief Auditor, Munich Re) | "When Business meets Governance - Anmerkungen aus der Praxis einer internen Revision"
- July 10th, 2014 | Christian Thimann (Member of AXA's Executive Committee and Group Head of Strategy and Public Affairs) | "Die Systemrelevanz von Versicherungen und Banken im Vergleich"
- October 16th, 2012 | Rolf-Peter Hoenen (Gesamtverband der Deutschen Versicherungswirtschaft e.V.)
| "Aktuelle Herausforderungen für die deutsche Versicherungswirtschaft" | Lecture Slides (PDF, 1.805 KB)
- January 16th, 2012 | Gert Wagner (Swiss Life AG, Niederlassung für Deutschland) | "Garantiemodelle der Lebensversicherung aus Kunden- und Vermittlersicht, außerdem Exkurs zu Produktoptionen unter Solvency II" | Lecture Slides (PDF, 2.207 KB)
- January 24th, 2011 | Thomas Korte (Lebensversicherung von 1871 a.G.) | "Der Weg zum internen Modell" | Lecture Slides (PDF, 1.194 KB)
- November 29th, 2010 | Prof. Nadine Gatzert (University of Erlangen Nürnberg) | "Performance and Risks of Open-End Life Settlement Funds"
- November 22nd, 2010 | James Jones (Director, Katie School of Insurance and Financial Services, Illinois State University) | "Using Microinsurance and Index Insurance to Enhancing Sustainable Access to Capital for Farmers in Developing Countries - Case Study Ghana"
- November 8th, 2010 | Prof. Jörg Schiller (University of Hohenheim) | "Ökonomische Aspekte der Entlohnung und Regulierung unabhängiger Versicherungsvermittler"
- May 21st, 2010 | Prof. Patricia Born (Florida State University) | "The Influence of Managed Care Firms’ Strategic Choices on Financial Performance." | In cooperation with the Center for Advanced Management Studies (CAMS)
- December 17th, 2009 | Stephan Dieckmann, Ph.D. (Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania) | "By Force of Nature: Explaining the Yield Spread on Catastrophe Bonds"
- November 12th, 2009 | Prof. Laureen Regan (Temple University) | "Determinants of no-fault election in a market with choice between no-fault and full tort options" | In cooperation with the Center for Advanced Management Studies (CAMS)
- November 9th, 2009 | Therese Vaughan, Ph.D. (CEO, National Association of Insurance Commissioners) | "The Implications of Solvency II for U.S. Insurance Regulation" | Lecture Paper
- October 30th, 2009 | Prof. Massimiliano Landi (Singapore Management University) | "On the publication process in Economics" | In cooperation with the Center for Advanced Management Studies (CAMS)
- July 13th, 2009 | Prof. Louis Eeckhoudt (Catholic University of Mons) | "Risk apportionment and Stochastic Dominance" | In cooperation with the Center for Advanced Management Studies (CAMS)
- July 10th, 2009 | Prof. Louis Eeckhoudt (Catholic University of Mons) | "About the intensity of (higher order) relative risk attitudes" | In cooperation with the Center for Advanced Management Studies (CAMS)
- June 4th, 2009 | Prof. Rob Hoyt (University of Georgia) | "Successful Business Strategies for Insurers Entering and Growing in Emerging Markets" | In cooperation with the Center for Advanced Management Studies (CAMS)
- May 25th, 2009 | Prof. Rob Hoyt (University of Georgia) | "Catastrophe Securitization: An Event Study on the Corporate Demand for Risk Management" | In cooperation with the Center for Advanced Management Studies (CAMS)
- May 14th, 2009 | Lord Peter Levene (Chairman - Lloyd’s of London) | "Key challenges for the insurance and reinsurance sector in a difficult economic climate"
- May 7th, 2009 | Prof. Dr. Reimund Schwarze (Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung - UFZ, Leipzig und Universität Innsbruck) | "Natural Hazards Insurance in Europe"
- December 11th, 2008 | Prof. Richard Phillips (Department Chair & Bruce A. Palmer Professor of Risk Management and Insurance, Department of Risk Management and Insurance, Georgia State University) | "Regulator performance, regulatory environment and outcomes: An examination of insurance regulator career incentives on state insurance markets" | In cooperation with the Center for Advanced Management Studies (CAMS)
- December 4th, 2008 | Dr. Christian Thomann (Universität Hannover) | "Catastrophic Events, Insurer Stock Volatility and Transparency"
- November 27th, 2008 | Prof. Dr. Peter Höppe (Executive Director Geo Risks Research / Corporate Climate Centre, Munich Re) | “Risiken und Chancen des Klimawandels für die Versicherungswirtschaft“
- June 26th, 2008 | Isabella Mammerler (Allianz SE) | "Solvency II - Key principles"
- May 29th, 2008 | Prof. Randy E. Dumm (Florida State University) | “The Florida Property Insurance Market: A Study of Salience and Uncertainty.”
- February 28th, 2008 | Prof. Patricia Born (California State University Northridge) | "The Relationship between Liability Costs and Government Health Spending" | In cooperation with the Center for Advanced Management Studies (CAMS)
- January 24th, 2008 | Marc Hannebert (Allianz SE) | "Catastrophe Bonds: Theory and Practice"
- January 10th, 2008 | Dr. Alexander Kling (Universität Ulm) | "Guaranteed Minimum Benefits - Eine neue Generation von Fondspolicen aus den USA"
- December 6th, 2007 | Priv.-Doz. Dr. Dieter Hesberg (Universität Hamburg) | "Solvency II - Deregulierte Versicherungsmärkte zwischen Scylla und Charybdis?"
- May 21st, 2007 | Dr. Michael Wolgast (GDV) | "Zur aktuellen wirtschaftlichen Lage der deutschen Versicherungswirtschaft"