Behavioral economics and behavioral finance typically incorporate cognitive and social factors in modeling economic decisions. These include decisions made by the buyers and sellers of insurance-related products. The field of behavioral insurance attempts to explain many of the discrepancies between theories and observations within insurance markets.
The workshop will be hosted by the Munich Risk and Insurance Center (MRIC) at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) in Munich, Germany, and organized by Andreas Richter and Jörg Schiller. It will be held in cooperation with the Center for the Economic Analysis of Risk (CEAR) at Georgia State University. The preliminary schedule has Professors Benjamin Handel (University of California, Berkeley), Justin Sydnor (University of Wisconsin-Madison), and Stefan Trautmann (Heidelberg University) giving plenary talks.
Researchers are invited to submit papers that offer new experimental, econometric, or theoretical insights into human behavior in the insurance context. Submissions should have an insurance and/or decision under risk and uncertainty background and establish a link to non-traditional demand or supply theories. The workshop will take place in Munich on December 12-13, 2022. Please submit proposals electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org as file attachments in PDF format by August 15, 2022.
Registration and Hotel Reservations
Registration is now open for accepted authors, keynote speakers, and other invited attendees. If you have not yet been invited and would like to register, please get in touch with Jialing Lin (email@example.com) since we have limited capacity for additional participants. The MRIC has blocked a contingent of rooms for a set conference rate at the following two hotels:
- Carlton Astoria Hotel
- Leonardo Boutique Hotel
Scientific Review Committee
- Glenn Harrison, Georgia State University
- Johannes Jaspersen, LMU Munich
- Martin Kocher, University of Vienna
- Alexander Mürmann, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Charles Noussair, University of Arizona
- Andreas Richter, LMU Munich
- Jörg Schiller, University of Hohenheim
- Justin Sydnor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
With support from
- Verein zur Förderung der Versicherungswissenschaft in München e.V.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Julia Holzapfel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Elisabeth Stöckl (email@example.com)
- Jialing Lin (firstname.lastname@example.org)