- Offered in WS 23/24?
- Course type
- See the schedule below
- Seminar paper (22,200 characters) 50% and presentation, korreferat and discussion (30 minutes) 50%
- Centralized via ISC
- 6 ECTS in Modul P 17 (PStO 2015)
- Language of instruction
- German (optional: English)
- Contact person
- Page last updated
Strategic management deals with the development, planning and implementation of corporate strategies. The goal is to generate sustainable competitive advantages that enable long-term existence in the market. In recent years, this goal has been increasingly flanked by corporate social responsibility, which relates to society and the environment. Against this background, the seminar Strategische Unternehmensführung gives students a deeper insight into current research as well as scientific work and theoretical as well as empirical approaches to research. The aim of the seminar is to deepen the knowledge of selected, current issues in strategic management.
Objectives of the course
After completing the course, the students will have the necessary basic knowledge, analytical methods and technical skills to independently complete a scientific paper. In addition, the course teaches systemic skills for the application of theoretical concepts and critical analysis of complex, subject-related problems. Through the group work and presentation of the seminar paper, the students also learn important social skills such as teamwork, communication and conflict skills.
Structure of the course
- The seminar starts with a kick-off event in which the students are given an overview of the topics to be worked on and an introduction to scientific work.
- Participating students will write a seminar paper on one of the available topics.
- Presentation and communication workshop with one of our practice partners will also take place as part of the seminar.
- Finally, the seminar participants will present and discuss their seminar papers in the plenum.
Previously assigned topics
- A Network Perspective on a Firm's Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- Top Management Fraud: The Role of the Board of Directors
- The Impact of Top Management Team Characteristics on Corporate Strategy
- Competing From the Top of the Firm – The Influence of TMT and BOD Characteristics on Firm Competitive Behavior
- The Influence of Top Managers on Strategic Change
These topics are examples. In addition, other thematically related focuses may be added depending on the topicality.
- The number of participants is limited
- Information about the formatting can be found here (PDF, 713 KB)
We recommend students to take the course "Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases" before taking the seminar. This is not a requirement.
Information for registration in Bachelor BWL and WiPäd I/II for WT 23/24 (Link)
If you have any questions about the allocation of places in the seminar, you can contact Ms. Weritz (see previous link for contact information).
|Kick-off||20.10.2023||09:00-16:00||Geschw.-Scholl-Pl. 1, E 216|
|Topic preferences deadline||23.10.2023||until 12:00||By E-Mail|
|Topic assignment||24.10.2023||until 18:00||By E-Mail|
|Table of contents submission||07.11.2023||until 12:00||By E-Mail|
|Table of contents feedback talk||08.11.2023||On agreement||At ISM|
|Seminar thesis submission||28.11.2023||until 12:00||By E-Mail|
|Workshop (with Accenture)||05.12.2023||15:00-18:00||Balanstrasse 73, 81541 München|
|Seminar thesis feedback||13.12.2023||On agreement||At ISM|
|Presentation and korreferat submission||22.12.2023||until 12:00||By E-Mail|
|TBD||Ludwigstr. 28 (VG), 211 B|