- Offered in WS 23/24?
Prof. Dr. Anja Tuschke
Dr. Simone Eulitz
Dr. Anke Schulz
Dr. Max Braun
- Course type
- Lecture and tutorial
- 2 hour lecture and 2 hour tutorial each week
- This course is offered alternatingly together with the Institute for Leadership and Organization
- Exam (120 minutes) 100%
- Every summer term
- No registration
- 6 ECTS in P11 (Allgemeine Betriebswirtschaftliche Grundlagen)
- Language of instruction
- Contact person
- Page last updated
The lecture aims at offering students insights into the concepts of organization theory, which helps to understand how organizations can be managed more effectively. Organizations are continuously faced with a number of challenges. For example:
- How can organizations adapt to competitors, customers, the government, and creditors?
- What strategic and structural changes are needed to attain effectiveness?
- How can managers cope with the problems of coordination?
- What kind of corporate culture is needed to enhance the organization’s innovation?
These are some of the topics that will be discussed in the lecture, which is divided into two parts. In the lecture, key terms and concepts of organization theory are presented. In the exercises, these aspects will be applied to real-life problems through the use of case studies and open discussions to generate an in-depth understanding of organization theory.
Relevant Course Material
- Relevante Dokumente werden über die Plattform Moodle geteilt
- Moodle page: Organisationstheorie WiSe 23/24
- Zugangscode: OrgTheory2324
22.02.2024, 15:00-16:00, more information TBA
Start on 20.10.2023
|10-12AM (c.t.)||Geschw.-Scholl-Pl. 1 Audi Max (A030)|
|Geschw.-Scholl-Pl. 1 A 125|