LMU Munich, School of Management, since 01/2023
Professor of Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Sustainability
Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet & Society, since 02/2020
Head of Research Group for Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Society
University of Hamburg, 04/2018 - 12/2022
Vienna University of Economics & Business and University of Hamburg, 10/2016 - 03/2018
DAAD PRIME Fellow
Magdalen College, University of Oxford, 01/2014 - 09/2016
Lecturer in Management
University of Oxford, Saïd Business School, Christ Church
DPhil, Management Research
- Values, meaning and hybridity in entrepreneurship
- Grand challenges, sustainability and new forms of organizing
- Digitalization, management and innovation
- Impact, scholarship and futures
- Bohn, S. & Gümüşay, A.A. 2023. Growing Institutional Complexity and Field Transition: Towards Constellation Complexity in the German Energy Field. Journal of Management Studies, pp. 1-42.
- Gümüşay, A.A. 2023. Management Scholars of the World, Unite! Organization Studies, 44:8, pp. 1377-1380.
- Adler, P. S., Adly, A., Armanios, D. E., Battilana, J., Bodrožić, Z., …, Gümüşay, A.A., … et al. 2023. Authoritarianism, Populism, and the Global Retreat of Democracy: A Curated Discussion. Journal of Management Inquiry, 32:1, pp. 3-20.
- Gümüşay, A. A., Raynard, M., Etter, M., Albu, O., Roulet, T. Digital Technology and Voice: How Platforms Shape Institutional Processes Through Visibilization. Research in the Sociology of Organizations, 83, pp. 57-85.
- Gümüşay, A.A. & Reinecke, J. 2022. Researching for desirable futures: From real utopias to imagining alternatives. Journal of Management Studies, 59:1, pp. 236-242.
- Gümüşay, A.A., Marti, E., Trittin-Ulbrich, H., Wickert, C. (Editors). 2022. Organizing for Societal Grand Challenges. Research in the Sociology of Organizations, 79.
- Scheidgen, K., Gümüşay, A.A, Günzel-Jensen, F., Krlev, G., Wolf, M. 2021. Crises and entrepreneurial opportunities: Digital social innovation in response to physical distancing. Journal of Business Venturing Insights.
- Gümüşay, A.A., & Amis, J. 2021. Contextual Expertise and the Development of Organization and Management Theory. European Management Review, 18:1, pp. 9-24.
*EMR Best Paper Award 2022
*Top 10 most downloaded papers recognition in 2022
- Gümüşay, A.A., Claus, L., & Amis, J. 2020. Engaging with Grand Challenges: An Institutional Logics Perspective. Organization Theory, 1:3, pp. 1-20.
- Gümüşay, A.A., Smets, M. & Morris, T. 2020. 'God at Work': Engaging Central and Incompatible Institutional Logics through Elastic Hybridity. Academy of Management Journal, 63:1, pp. 124-154.
*OMT Best Published Paper Award 2021
*Finalist VHB Best Paper Award 2020
*Most cited 2020 article in the Academy of Management Journal
- Gümüşay, A.A. 2020. The Plurality and Prevalence of the Religious Institutional Logic. Business & Society, 59:5, 855-880.
*Finalist for Business & Society Best Paper Award 2020
- Gümüşay, A.A. 2019. Embracing religions in moral theories of leadership. Academy of Management Perspectives, 33:3, 292-306.
- Gümüşay, A.A., & Bohné, T.M. 2018. Individual and organizational inhibitors to the development of entrepreneurial competencies in universities. Research Policy. 47:2, pp. 363-378.